Thursday, April 30, 2009

Continue

Hello Again,
Treating meats is one thing,but cooking it is another. When cooking Jamaican Barbecue you must barbecue with Pimento wood, Pimento is a wood from Jamaica. It is used in a lot of dishes, such as chicken, thats Jerk chicken...some of you may have had it while visiting Jamaica. You may have had it in America at one of the fine Caribbean restaurants.

Cooking with Pimento wood is a wonderful thing, the smell and flavors that come from the wood is delightful..it makes the meat sing in your mouth..My dad and mum would use pimento in most dishes dealing with meats, such as pork, chicken and beef..and fish.

To describe Pimento wood it is usually in sticks or chips..There are some online sites that sell Pimento wood chips or sticks.www.pimentowood.com
and for jerk seasoning, I love Walkerswood jerk seasoning it reminds me of Jamaica..It is the real thing! You must be careful not to use to much, a small amount goes a long way in flavor..jerk seasoning is very powerful.
It is made with pimento, allspice, Haberno peppers and brown sugar, and onions.
All these spices become very powerful when placed together.

It adds such wonderful flavor to meats and other dishes..It makes you Happy!!
I love the smell of the meats cooking on the grill, It always brings back wonderful memories of home Jamaica, I think of my grandmother, and my aunts and uncles, especially my dad, when I cook a Jamaican dish.

Next week, I will be talking about different meats, Such as jerking pork.

Don't forget your marinades, such as lime juice,lemonjuice, and apple juice.
These are the juices that make the your meats tender and juicey.

Good Eating

No comments:

Post a Comment